On Community and Audience, continued

Friendlies by moriza
Attribution-NonCommercial License

Last week I wrote about how important it is to check out what is happening on other blogs in your community, and I suggested a few places for you to begin.  I hope you had a chance to look around. I know at least one of you did (he was brave enough to share his very insightful reflection on his own blog).

This week I’d like to challenge you to start leaving comments on other people’s blogs — and not just those of your friends. Browse around, see what you can find that interests you. Are there people writing things about what you’re interested in? Do you read something and think, “Hey, I disagree,” or “Yeah, I agree and this is why”? If so, that means it’s time for you to join in the conversation. Leave a comment!  And don’t forget to include YOUR blog’s URL in that comment form.

If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, look here for an example of what that comment form might look like:

So, your assignment this week: leave at least 3 comments on others’ blogs outside our UNIS community. If you like you may also leave comments on blogs within our community, too.  And see what starts happening to your blog — is your audience growing? 

This entry was posted in EngA08 and tagged , , , , by MsMichetti. Bookmark the permalink.

About MsMichetti

I am a full-time Master of Arts student at NYU in Educational Communication and Technology. Prior to this, I was an MYP Language A (English) teacher at UNIS Hanoi, Qatar Academy, and ACS International School in Egham, England. I taught in MYP schools internationally for 8 years, but I began my teaching career in Canada, my home country, in 1998. I'm a big believer in the integration of technology into the classroom, curriculum, and daily lives of our students, and believe whole-heartedly that literacy and technology go hand in hand.

2 thoughts on “On Community and Audience, continued

1. Pingback: Check Out These Cool Ideas From Class blogs! | The Edublogger

2. Pingback: A Common Recreation » Blog Archive » More great blogs to check out