Love: Men vs. Women

Happy Valentine’s Day! by Sister72
Attribution License

Ahh, February – the month of Valentine’s Day!

Think again about the views of love you met in 2.4.

• Do you think there’s a difference in the way men love and the way women love? Explain.
  • Do either Viola or Orsino express views similar to your own? Or do you have a position on this question different from both of these characters? 
  • Find a line in this scene that you like or that strikes you in some way and comment on it.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized by MsMichetti. Bookmark the permalink.

About MsMichetti

I am a full-time Master of Arts student at NYU in Educational Communication and Technology. Prior to this, I was an MYP Language A (English) teacher at UNIS Hanoi, Qatar Academy, and ACS International School in Egham, England. I taught in MYP schools internationally for 8 years, but I began my teaching career in Canada, my home country, in 1998. I'm a big believer in the integration of technology into the classroom, curriculum, and daily lives of our students, and believe whole-heartedly that literacy and technology go hand in hand.

5 thoughts on “Love: Men vs. Women

1. hi Ms. Michetti!

I have 1 question about the Love: Men vs. Women blog post. I don’t understand what you mean in question 2. (Do either Viola or Orsino express views similar to your own? Or do you have a position on this question different from both of these characters?). Do we have to answer in general, or in what happens in Act 2.4, or in some specific lines?

Thanks!
    E

2. Hi E,

Thanks for the questions! What this post is asking is for you to say whether your views on love are like Orsino’s, like Viola’s, or whether they are so different that they aren’t like Viola’s or Orsino’s. You can answer generally, but most of what Orsino and Viola believe about love is in this scene – 2.4. I hope this makes sense!

(Note: I have edited your comment *very slightly* for privacy reasons and I added a URL to your username – back to your blog.)

3. Pingback: Love: Men vs. Women | Chae Eun KIm

4. Pingback: Love: Men vs. Women | blog of randomness(mostly school stuff...)